Professional teeth whitening delivers optimum whitening results in a short amount of time. Available under the supervision of a dentist, this method of tooth whitening is gaining popularity, despite the fact that it is considered the most expensive method of chemically whitening your teeth.
You may expect the following during your professional in-office teeth whitening appointment, but not limited to:
- Teeth are polished with pumice, a grainy material used to remove any plaque on the surface of the tooth.
- Your mouth will be isolated with gauze to keep your teeth dry during the procedure. Retractors may also be used to keep your cheeks, lips and tongue away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier is placed along your gumline to protect it from the whitening solution.
- The teeth are then coated with the whitening solution on the front surface of the tooth. Your office may choose to use either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as the bleaching agent. Many whitening products require a curing light or laser to be used to add heat to the solution to activate the peroxide. It will then be left on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, or reapplied in specific increments of time for up to one hour, depending on the brand.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached, or the maximum application time has passed, the teeth are rinsed with water and a fluoride application may be used to help ease the sensitivity some people experience with tooth whitening.
- You will be instructed to avoid foods and beverages that have a high level of pigment, such as coffee, tomato sauce or juice, yellow mustard, or red wine, and tobacco use for 24 hours after the procedure to allow the enamel pores to close to prevent re-staining.
Above article from: Dentistry.About.com
Learn more about our KOR Deep Bleaching Teeth Whitening Services in Hickory Hills IL by visiting our main website at http://hickoryhillsdental.com
Tisoncik Anthony J DDS
8071 West 95th StreetHickory Hills, IL 60457